TU-Campus EUREF Berlin
MBA Building Sustainability – Management Methods for Energy Efficiency (90 ECTS)
19800 € (course fees) + TU Berlin administration fees/semester
BUILDING SUSTAINABILITY – MANAGEMENT METHODS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY
The MBA Building Sustainability - Management Methods for Energy Efficiency is a unique MBA program that combines academic excellence with industry expertise. The concept of Germany's "Energiewende" has attracted international attention. It encompasses a wide range of measures aimed at making Europe's largest economy free of fossil fuels and nuclear energy. To achieve this, all areas of energy generation and consumption must undergo a transformation process. Alongside mobility and industry, buildings are therefore also one of the key factors for a successful energy transition.
Learning goalsThe MBA provides skills, methods and concepts to consider, understand and align different approaches for sustainable solutions. These skills are indispensable for any construction and real estate project that considers energy efficiency and other sustainability criteria as a balance between economic, social, environmental and cultural aspects of responsibility for future generations.
- Technical, economic, business and legal foundations for management decisions in the field of sustainability of buildings (1st semester)
- Viewpoint deepened by the modules interdisciplinary project, management and lecture series (2nd semester)
- Broadening of the perspective and at the same time practical relevance according to the individual interests of the students (3nd semester)
- Interdisciplinary project
- Compulsory electives
All semesters include lectures, tutorials, seminars, as well as field trips/presentations, hands-on online materials, and extracurricular activities. The master's thesis, which is written in the third semester, completes the program.
Target groupThose interested in pursuing a career in real estate project design and management, with a focus on implementing sustainability and recognizing the relevance of diverse urban contexts.
- University degree(s) recognized by German universities (at least 210 ECTS)
- Proof of work experience of at least one year (preferably in the relevant working areas of energy) after completion of studies
- English language at Level B2 (or higher)